Saturday 25 September 2010

Tuba Adventures

I have got many pictures with my heroes!
This is with Paul Halwax, Principal Tuba with the Vienna Philharmonic. I met him when the Vienna Philharmonic came to the Barbican, London. They played the Rite Of Spring by Igor Stravinsky.











Thankyou to Randy Hawes WOP, DSO Bass Trombone



Here I am with Gene Pokorny of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra and Lee Tsarmakilis of the London Philharmonic Orchestra. I met Gene when he came to The Royal Albert Hall, he was playing with World Orchestra For Peace. You have to be invited to play in this orchestra. The orchestra was set up by Sir Georg Solti. He made a famous speech, he said " The unique strength of music as a ambassador for peace. For more information on the orchestra visit
www.worldorchestraforpeace.com

No comments:

Post a Comment